Thursday, July 24, 2014

My mission adventure begins!

Tuesday, July 15, my mom and I were running last minute errands for my early morning departure the next day when I told her I wasn't feeling well.  I had a headache, sore throat and body aches.  She said we better  get a quick check by a doctor since I was traveling tomorrow and I was  exposed to strep throat about a week ago.  Well she was right and it was strep throat.  The doctor prescribed penicillin and 14 hours later I was on a plane headed to Mexico City.  So if you want to keep in touch below is my mailing address.  My email address is susan.ries@myldsmail.net if you would like to drop me a quick line that way.  A p day (preparation day) that I mention below is the one day I can receive emails and send them.  I also use that day to wash my clothes and do other errands.  
 
Sister Ries
(26/08/2014)(19-B) 
Centro de Capacitación Misional de México 
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita No. 828 
Colonia Zona Escolar 
Delegación Gustavo A. Madero 
C.P. 07230 México, D.F. 
Teléfono: (55) 3067-4500

This was her first email from Mexico City on July 16:

"EVERYTHING IS IN SPANISH. Literally no one will speak english to you haha. But i am happy. My pday is friday starting next week. Please write if you have time. Also please pray I feel better soon. Strep is the worst.  Love you all.

Hermana Ries"



No comments:

Post a Comment