Friday, August 22, 2014

And then I was like, okay can I go to the field now?‏

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm going to Texas in like 6 days! I am so excited! 

I really don't have much to say this week and I think it's because I'm just feeling ready to go.
The elevators in the CCM remind me of "Despicable Me"
Sports on our preparation day!

 Also you guys can ask me questions and that'll probably be more interesting that anything else I write haha. 

This Sunday I had to say goodbye to the Nativas. It was so sad. I definitely started crying. Who am I supposed to speak Spanish with everyday??? Just kidding, I'll be doing that every day for the next 17 months. Some new girls moved in from Chile and Guatemala. I can't understand the Chilean Spanish as well so I'm glad I'll mostly be speaking Mexican Spanish.
My companion, me and the Nativas!

This week one thing that I learned comes from Alma 29:10. It says that when we see other people coming closer to Christ "then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yeah, even that he heath heard my prayer; yeah, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." I love this because I am constantly remembered how blessed I am. And when we look at other people learning and growing, it just reminds us of how much we have been given.

The CCM is a unique place. All of these people with different backgrounds and different reasons for being here come and are trying to learn Spanish. We're trying to be missionaries. We're giving up technology and lots of other things that made up our life before this. And as we watch one another grow, it's easy to see the merciful hand of the Lord in everyone's life.
Writing a letter to my family.
 My companion and I emailing home!

Everyone loves my cat shirt.  Did I mention that we are all DIFFERENT!

Anyway, not much to report this week except that I am so excited for Texas!!!!!

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment