Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 3 in the Missionary Training Center



They call me "la muestra".  It means the teacher!

Dear family and friends, 

I'm more than halfway done with my time here in the CCM. Nooooo. I'm so excited to go into the field but I also feel like I do NOT know enough. But God always provides a way. So even if I don't know what I'm doing it'll be okay. 

This is our district in our casual clothes, playing volleyball on our preparation day!
  This is our district all cleaned up and spiffy!

This week was really good. On Sunday we had a devotional by President Tenorio. He is awesome. Look up his talk on LDS.org! https://www.lds.org/liahona/2007/05/news-of-the-church/elder-octaviano-tenorio?lang=eng   He spoke in conference awhile back and it's a really good and short talk. Also he's hilarious. He spent the first 51 minutes of devotional talking about marriage to us. And then the rest was crazy stories and being kidnapped and robbed and miracles. 

We also had a really good service project this week cleaning a casa with a lady named Rosa. She and I had a good chat and she taught me some more Spanish. She took a selfie with all of us but forgot to email it :( Maybe she'll remember someday. 
This is Mexico City behind me.  Beautiful city!

Yesterday our teacher was late to class and explained it was because he was robbed at gunpoint. What?  Mexico City is crazy,  but the CCM is one of the safest places on earth. It's like the Garden of Eden.  It's so safe and beautiful.

Also I found out dearelder sort of works. They print the letters out in provo and send them here so it still takes around a week for me to get letters that way. Att this point you're safer sending letters to Texas and they'll just be waiting for me. My address in Texas is:

Sister Susan Elizabeth Ries
Texas Houston South Mission
602 Eldridge Rd.
Sugar Land, TX, 77478
United States

So yeah, feel free to write me if you have time. Also printed out pictures are loved and very much appreciated haha. 
  My companion and I outside the visitor's center of the Mexico City Temple!

The last thing I want to share is Moroni 6:4 which says "relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and finisher of their faith." He is the author and finisher of my faith. I love Him and that is why I am serving a mission. I hope we can all rely on Christ, who understands our every need. I testify that He is our loving Savior.

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment