Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014 Las Fiestas Patrias‏



La fiesta!
This week in our branch we had Las Fiestas Patrias, which is like celebrating all the of countries where people in our branch are from! It was so much fun. And there was so much food. Naturally, we had to try everything from Mole to Empanadas. I had food from Mexico, El Salvador, Columbia, and Guatemala the next day. And you have to finish your food or it's really rude. Needless to say I was totally stuffed. And they sent us home with a bunch of the meat. Guess what kind of meat. Cow cheek. Yep. We essentially have several cow faces in our fridge right now:)


My companion and I enjoying the party!
 They sent us home with cheesecake too.  
Sorry that I'm obsessed with food in this post but, I tried.....and failed to make a drink with milk and orange juice powder, but it was so awful I had to pour it down the sink.



We also had intercambios (exchanges) this week, so I ended up in Houston city for one day! It was really fun but it was kind of weird seeing so many people and cars. I love Brazos and how small and tranquil it is.

This week we had a couple of the families we're teaching come to church and it was so amazing! They are such great families. One of them walked in as we were singing Asombra me da (I stand all amazed). This really is amazing work. The church that Christ established is on the earth today and it has all the power to seal families together for time and all eternity. 

Remember that, "God has a perfect plan for His imperfect children; this is the good news you carry to the world."  If you know this is true, share it with someone today! Everyone should get to have the hope of the Atonement in their life.

Christ lives and He loves us.:)


-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment