Thursday, December 5, 2013

-15 degrees? Bring it on.

So recently it got so cold here that the electricity went out and they had to cancel morning classes. It was a huge tender mercy. I was starting to get the flu and being able to sleep in really helped me get back on my feet. But before I talk more about the arctic temperatures here I have some other pictures and adventures I haven't had time to write about.



One adventure I haven't had time to document. We lit some old pictures on fire for my roommate. We may be a bunch of girls but we were acting like 12 year old boys. 


After Thanksgiving break we all came home to a blanket fortress. It stayed up for a few days and we had lots of fun being little kids again, but it had to come down for clean checks. 


Brennan and I went to "BJ's Bayou" in Roberts, Idaho. Population: 581. It was a little Cajun restaurant but it was legit. We're standing in front of the Alligator cage there. Yes, a real live alligator. We ate gumbo, hushpuppies, alligator and crawfish. It was soooooo good and so much fun. 




One thing I already miss about home: My nephews. This is us watching Elmo. It's a serious business.

And this is the process of getting ready to brave the cold this morning. It was -5 degrees and I had to walk to class. 




I felt like the kid from A Christmas Story. hahah stay warm everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment