Friday, January 2, 2015

Conferencia General Oct. 6, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
Next weeks P-day will be on Wednesday, just so you are aware.... But much more importantly, this week was Jesus's birthday!!!! He is 11 now. His siblings are Gisell and Giovanni. How cute are they?

I hope you all had the opportunity to watch conference this week! It was so amazing! Didn't you love hearing people speak in their native languages? I listened to all the sessions in Spanish so when I got to hear people actually giving their talks in Spanish instead of being translated I was so excited. It was like Christmas morning!
If you didn't get a chance to listen to our living Prophet and Apostles, go here https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?cid=HPSU100514465&lang=eng.  I promise you will love it! My favorite session was Sunday Afternoon, but they are all incredible. How blessed are we to have a Prophet who leads and guides us today? God really respects our agency, so He gives us guidance and then lets us choose. This is Hermana Christensen and I after conference on Saturday. We loved it! And we matched!

Sometimes missionary work isn't glamorous. This week we taught a lesson where their Chihuahua attacked me for literally the entire lesson. Imagine me, trying to read scriptures, and pray, and share my testimony while holding a small, but unusually energized dog. At one point my companion took the dog from me so that I could talk for like 2.7 seconds, and then the dog proceeded to attack me. Oh well. Like I said, not always glamorous. But I love the family so much. And Chico (the dog) will probably not be invited back for the next lesson haha. kidding.
We continue to see miracles. People really are looking for the truth. We talked to a lady this week who said "I feel like I'm a rat running through a maze, trying to find a piece of cheese, but I can't even smell!" We were able to share with her that, we as missionaries don't ask people to believe in our words, but to seek for ourselves, from God, for the truth.
I have done that. I have knelt and prayed and experimented upon the promise found in Moroni 10:5 which says that "by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." I know that The Book of Mormon is true, and if we take time to read it every day, it will answer the questions of our soul.
I know that "whoso believeth in God might  with a surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." (Ether 12:6) We can hope for a better world, when we anchor our souls in Him whose name I wear as His representative. I know that He loves us.
-Hermana Ries
Hermana Ralston and me. We went on exchanges one time. She is so sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment