Friday, January 2, 2015

One week. three cities. five companions, November 10, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I am sorry I didn't write last week. It's been kind of crazy. I'm just going to do a brief recap of the last week or so. 

Thursday 30 Oct.- I got a call from the mission President and he asked me to go on emergency exchanges for the weekend to Houston. Like the city city. And I was with Hermana Ihrke!!! My MTC companion! So I spent Halloween there. It was a totally different area, but so much fun! 


This is how we celebrate "Dia De Los Muertos" in our zone!
Saturday 1 Nov.- We exchanged back and I was in Brazos again with my trio as usual. We went to the Houston Natural Science Museum on Preparation day and it was a blast. 
Thursday 6 Nov. - We also had a mission wide temple trip on Thursday and it was amazing! Can you imagine the temple full of missionaries? It was a special experience. The Houston temple is beautiful! 

Thursday 6 Nov.- We got another call from President and one of the missionaries was finishing her mission and her companion needed someone for the last part of this transfer. So now I am here in Bay City, serving with Hermana Moreno. She is from Venezuela. I LOVE HER!! We have gotten along so well, spoken so much Spanish and seen amazing miracles. This area is called Zebra. It is where you teach in both Spanish and English and I pretty much LOVE IT! Basically, what I'm saying is I am super happy. 
I love being a missionary. It isn't always easy. But I love it. I love that I know all my challenges are because God loves me and knows what I need. He knows how to shape us into someone so much better. When we make a mistake, we can start over. That is the opportunity we get every Sunday when we take the Sacrament. 


I hope you all had a good week. If you have any questions, email me! 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment