Friday, January 2, 2015

I ate pig skin this week! December 1, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been another crazy and very busy week. We were able to see a lot of miracles. Here is one of them: 

We were biking down the street (as usual) and stopped to talk to a family. They were not interested and as we biked away we felt a little discouraged. Hermana Johnson said "well we tried! and we showed the Lord our faith!" And then I said half kiddingly "yep, now we can receive blessings" Just as I said that a lady of the corner said "Happy Holidays!" We replied Happy Holidays back and she began to ask us what we were doing. We told her we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And she said "well yes I can see that from your name tags. When are yall gunna come visit me??" She told us that she used to be visited by missionaries. And she told us earlier that earlier that day she'd been talking to her son who read John 3:16. Well we have Christmas pass along cards with that scripture but we only had one left and it was in Spanish, and she did not speak Spanish. But Sister Johnson reached into her bag and what did she pull out? The Christmas card in English with John 3:16. The lady then told us she knew that all of this was meant to happen. We're excited to see her again:) 

Speakling of Christmas everyone check out http://www.mormon.org/christmas!!!  Watch and share the video! It is so good! 

And as the title of this email states, I was fed pig skin this week by one of my favorite Hondurans. I pretty much adore her. It tasted good! 
 I also was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about 5 minutes before the meeting started. I can say I know for sure the gift of tongues is real. I can't believe I could give a talk in Spanish and not really have any idea what I was going to say. It was definitely all the Spirit. God is very merciful. 

Things are getting chilly here in Galveston. Please pray that we can find people who are ready to make covenants with our Heavenly Father! 
 I know God lives. I know He loves us perfectly. I know He loves us enough to cut us down and let us regrow into something so much better. I know that His son, Jesus Christ, died for us, and that because of His Atonement, we don't have to be "enough." His grace covers us. He loves us perfectly. He has wept with me in my moments of despair and rejoiced at every one of my triumphs. I know His teachings lead to happiness and light. And that there is ALWAYS hope. I know it's never too late. I know Joseph Smith saw God and His son Jesus Christ. And through Him the ordinances of Salvation have been restored. This is His gospel. This is His work and Glory, our happiness. I bear witness of that in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

-Hermana Ries
This is a picture from my last last area, but it's one of my favorites. Noche de Hogar (family home evening) with some of my favorite members and investigators! I would play give said the little stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment