Friday, January 2, 2015

La vida isla‏ November 24, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I have been transferred to Galveston! What can I say about it.... Well it is an island. I live about a mile from the beach. It is a biking area (yes yes yes). It is very far from the mission office. So if you want to send me anything, probably send it to my actual address. My mom has it. So you can ask her about that. I love to hear from yall! 


My new companion is Sister Johnson! She and I were in the MTC together and she is super sweet! She is from Utah and the oldest of 6. We also share the apartment with Sister Kaiser (she came out with us as well) and Sister Nath (a temple square sister from Spain). They cover the same area in English. I love them all! 

This week worked a lot on what we call OYMing. or open your mouth. It's just where we talk to everyone we see. You get pretty varied reactions. I saw one lady working on her garden and her cat was outside, and it looked just like Linne!!! So I pulled over on my bike and was like "Your cat looks just like my cat!" And we had a good chat until I told her we were missionaries. Then she didn't really want to talk or see us again haha. Asi es la vida de una misionera! But we also had pretty amazing experiences too, where we were able to tell people how much God loved them. It's a really special experience. OYMing is pretty much the best.

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy getting shuffled around and transferred, but I love Galveston. We'll see how long I last here haha. 

I know God loves us. He is very aware of what we need. Doctrine and Covenants 6: 34-36 says:

34 Therefore, fear not, little flockdo good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
 35 Behold, do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which have commanded you.
 36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.

I know that as we look to our Heavenly Father for comfort, we receive real peace. Peace that does not come from any other source. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I am grateful for all of you! 

Les quiero!

Hermana Ries



No comments:

Post a Comment