Friday, January 2, 2015

Lots and lots of miracles Dec. 22, 2014

Dear family and friends, 

It has been a week of pure miracles! Up until this point in the mission I thought if I just work hard enough, and push myself enough, I will be successful. Turns out, relying on yourself is the worst idea ever. Ether 12:27 teaches: 

 27 And if men come unto me will show unto them their weaknessgive unto men weakness that they may be humble;and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will make weak things become strong unto them.

This has never been more true in my life than in the mission. When you just do what you can, and stop focusing on what you can't do then you feel happier. And just like this scripture says, when we become humble, then grace becomes sufficient. 

Anyway, here are some of the miracles we saw:

1. Ramon. 

A few weeks ago, the English sisters were biking and a guy pulled over in his car. He asked them to come teach him. They gave us a his information and went to teach him. He has had a lot of different religions come to visit him but he has a accepted a baptismal date! He loves the gospel! Anyway so, he works in the port on ships and usually he works every Sunday. We told him how important church was and he began praying. He prayed. We prayed and he talked to his boss. Ramon told us "I have faith, and God answers prayers." And guess what. He got one hour off of work to come to Sacrament meeting. He felt the Spirit and he is going to keep trying to get work off on Sundays! Please keep him in your prayers! 



2. Ward mission leader. 

We haven't had a branch mission leader in a long time, but we've been praying every day that the branch as a whole will accept callings. And on Sunday someone got called to be the ward mission leader! And he is awesome! We've worked with him a lot and he told us "I don't know a lot about this calling, but I'm going to do all I can to magnify it." Um wow. So amazing. 
3. Member presents. 

We have been working hard on getting members out to teach with us. By the way everyone should do that at least once:) Anyway, our members helped us out a ton this week. One of them told us he wanted to buy us Christmas presents and suggested a sweater with a picture of Jesus on it. It was a really sweet thought. 

4. Gift of Tongues.

I had to give the relief society lesson on Sunday. And that was crazy because I didn't know until 9:30 the night before, which means that I couldn't even read the whole lesson which was in Spanish. And then I had to speak in all Spanish. It was crazy. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father helps us and is merciful.

Anyway, life is good and it's been warm here on the island! I hope you all have a merry Christmas! Remember He who gave His life for us. His grace is sufficient. He died for us, He lives for us. This is His gospel of love and peace and forgiveness! This is His work, to help us all feel hopeful. 

-Hermana Ries

Still LOVE the puppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment