Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause?‏ Feb. 25, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been full of miracles! We had an awesome training this week on teaching. 
These are the Sisters that I live with. Me, Hna Christensen, Hna Pichardo and Hna Olsen. And guess what? None of us are even from Utah!!!!! We're from Idaho, California, the DR and Wyoming! 
This is one of our investigators: Paloma!!! Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Paloma was coming to church for weeks with a friend and we keep trying visit her but she kept saying no. Then one week she told us "I need this in my life. I am not missing another Sunday here and you can come visit me this week." 

Um wow. Miracle. 

Anyway, she is learning about the gospel and she told us her faith is growing. 

We are also working with an amazing young lady right now. We are teaching a 19 year old girl. And we recently taught her what the Holy Ghost is like. In one of our most recent visits she said "I've been catching the Holy Ghost a lot lately since you all taught my how it feels....I know The Book of Mormon is true because I prayed and after I read and got that warm feeling again." She also told us she's going to get married in the temple!!! Her name is Angel. Appropriate huh? 

ALSO This week we did Family History with Ramon because he is preparing to go to the temple. We got on and typed in his parents names and the temple opportunity popped up. We all just sat their grinning. We asked him how he felt and he said "Me siento MUY BIEN." We then showed him pictures of "our" temples (Boise and San Diego) then asked him if he wanted to see a picture of "his" temple. He said "SI!"

We then pulled up a picture of the Houston temple. His goal is to go on March 21st with us for the first time! Everyone please pray for this!!!!!!

This is him right after he put in his parents names. (El Salvador, San Salvador temple) 

I am so grateful for temples and for the work that is done in them. I am grateful that we can feel close to those who have passed on. I know the Priesthood power to seal families has been restored to the earth and we get the privilege to participate in this great work. 

-Hermana Ries

Doctrine and Covenants 128:22

No comments:

Post a Comment