Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom May 18, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, this week was full of up and downs. Opposition is real. Lets start with kind of some bummer news: 

While doing family history this week in the local library, someone cut my bike lock. And took my bicycle. Fairly impressive actually. I plan on someday finding my bike and teaching that person the gospel:)
But we have seen some huge miracles this week as well. Remember the story from last week about that guy I felt like I was supposed to talk to? We taught him again Monday, Friday and Saturday and he prayed for the first time in a long time and is getting baptized on June 13th! He came to church this Sunday and loved it! 
His name is Gerald. Please pray for him! 

We also had exchanges this week and it was Hermana Ridings first time taking over the area. This is what she wrote in her planner. I just about died laughing: 
Haha I love her. She is a great missionary! I love her testimony and sweet Spirit. 

We also found out this week that we will be covering the English area as well (going zebra). Which means that we will be over our little branch and a ward and be in charge of teaching everyone who speaks English or Spanish in our area. It's a little overwhelming. 
(Our branch is the best!) 
Recently I have been thinking about the scripture that I choose as the subject of this email. In Luke 12:32 it says: 

Fear not, little flockfor it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you  the kingdom.

This is interesting to me because sometimes I feel like we're just here on earth to suffer enough trials to make us good enough to live in God's presence. But that's really not at all what He wants. We learn in 2 Nephi 2:25 that "men are that they might have joy." And as I have served a mission, I have found that although "Salvation is not a cheap experience." It is also not totally painful. God's pleasure  is to give us the kingdom. 
Heavenly Father loves us. I believe His plan is perfect. I believe He wants us to be happy. And the way to be happy is by following His commandments and making covenants (promises) with Him.  I am grateful for the gospel and the joy that it brings me. 

-Hermana Ries


No comments:

Post a Comment