Wednesday, June 10, 2015

That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven March 16, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

It was a very good week. Usually, blessings are accompanied by tribulation and thus it was this week. It rained for like 3 days straight, which you can imagine is pretty fun on a bike in a skirt. But we have had so many miracles, it doesn't even matter. 

Lets talk about a pretty funny trial we had. A little information on Galveston: The curbs here are unusually high because when it rains here, it floods pretty easily since we're at sea level. Anyway, Hermana Christensen and I were biking the other day (as usual) and it had been raining (as usual) and we were going to visit a family that I love. Hermana Christensen and I both pull over and I'm sending a text or something as she's hopping up on the curb when I hear a scream. I look over and Hermana Christensen's shoe is missing. Like I have no idea where it even is. Then I look at her foot and it is covered in mud. I then realized that what had looked like dirt was really gross mud and her shoe is about 2 feet down into to mud and still sinking. 
I mean really, it wasn't even that much of a trial. I was pretty much dying laughing the whole time. But it was a trial for Hermana Christensen haha. 

Anyway, lets move on to the miracles:

First off, I need all your prayers for one of the most amazing people ever! Her name is Demetria. She is the niece of Paloma (picture in earlier email) and she loves the gospel! She is getting baptized in just a few weeks! This is a picture of her and her daughter Arianna. She and I like to color while Hermana Christensen helps Demetria with Trig homework. I think you can tell who is the smarter one in this companionship haha.
Anyway, Demetria, when we invited her to be baptized told us that she felt something, and knew it was right. She is working hard to be baptized and go to the temple the weekend after her baptism to help all her ancestors too. 

Speaking of the temple.... Hermano Ramon is planning on going for the first time this week! He also is getting the Priesthood this week!!!! This Sunday, he shared his testimony at a devotional for recent converts. He said something like "I used to have parties every weekend with my friends. We would drink and cook meet and then I stopped going and they were like 'what happened Ramon? Did you get married or something?' And I tell them 'no. I'm going to church.' And they tell me 'you are crazy'. But everyone can tell I am doing something good." 

This is a picture of him putting on a tie for the first time in who knows how many years. Our Branch President and Ward Mission leader are helping him. 
I am so grateful for the Priesthood power that we have to bless peoples lives. The power that Christ used to heal, cleanse and bless is on the earth today! The power to seal families together forever has been restored. 

I believe that the power given to the Apostles was restored through Joseph Smith, Peter, James, and John, and that if we live worthy, we can receive the blessings that come through it. 

I am so grateful for the people in my life who righteously hold the Priesthood. 

I know that God wants us to be happy and that His natural state is happiness.

-Hermana Ries

Doctrine and Covenants 121:36

No comments:

Post a Comment