Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled‏ May 11, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you all had a great Mothers day and told your madres how much you appreciate and love them! 

Thank you so much for your prayers for Jollete! She is so close! She just needs one more good water practice and then she'll be ready to be baptized! 

This has been a week full of changes. I am still in Galveston but now training Hermana Riding! She is 19, from Utah, and loves reading and singing.

At transfer meeting I got the chance to take a photo with the amazing Hermanas I have had the opportunity to train.
Hermanas Riding, Savage, Me, Christensen.


Things here are going well. My favorite men from El Salvador are happy and progressing in the gospel! Arles plans on going to the temple for the first time in the next couple weeks to "set his ancestors free." He is pretty excited about it.
This week I thought a lot about the promise made to us in​ D&C 33:10 that if we open our mouths, they will be filled. And in D&C 84:85 which says

 85 Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man.

 Believe it or not, missionaries get scared to talk to people sometimes. I mean, imagine biking in a skirt, then stopping your bike and talk to someone you have never met before. And then imagine talking about Jesus Christ, in a language that you don't speak. 

But when we love Jesus Christ, and we realized that this call comes from Him, it becomes a lot easier. 

This week, we were biking down the street when I saw a guy sitting on the porch and the Spirit told me to talk to him. I turned around and biked back and said "Hi how are you? I felt like I was supposed to come talk to you." 

It turns out he is going through a really difficult time and had lost all faith in a loving God and had been considering taking his life. I was able to promise him that God DID love him and WAS aware of him, because through the Holy Ghost, He asked two missionaries to stop and let that man know that He loved him. I don't know what will come of that short interaction, but it brought that man hope. 
I know that as we fill our lives with the words of Christ (the scriptures) and then rely on the Spirit, God blesses us to be instruments to help His other children. 
So read and study and love the scriptures! This week pray to be an angel to someone else and share the things that have blessed your life.


This is His work and He has control over all of it. He loves and knows us and has a plan for each of us. 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment