Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God Feb. 16, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Today I want to talk about how cool God is. And how we really usually do not understand how well He has everything planned out. 

Approximately 5 months ago when I was new in the mission field, I was with my trainer one day in the mission office. In the office, they have pictures of all the incoming missionaries. One picture stood out to me "Hermana Christensen." She had the same name as my trainer. I half jokingly told my trainer

, as a brand new missionary that I was going to train that Hermana. 

Well, time went on, and I thought about that Hermanita once in awhile but knew she was coming in February and I would probably still be with my other companion until about May. But circumstances changed and my companion was going home. I felt that I would be training. 

One day President called to inform me, I would indeed be training. From that time on, when people asked who I would be training, I told them who I thought it would be. 

Well, ladies and gentlemen. Look who my new companion is: 
Yes. Hermana Christensen.

All I can say, is that the Lord definitely has a plan for every single one of us. 

Our stay here in Texas City has been pretty interesting..... This is one of the stores here: 
Apparently it's "dee best."
oh Texas.

But we have seen a lot of miracles here! 

This is one of our experiences: 

We were trying to find someone and it was late and dark. We decided to knock on a door and a lady answered and told us we were definitely in the wrong place. But I looked at her and felt prompted to ask her if we could pray with her. She accepted. After the prayer she said that it was not a coincidence that we had knocked on here door and when we asked her if we could come back, she said yes! We visited them again the other day. It is a WHOLE FAMILY. We taught them the Restoration and they loved it. We are going back to teach them again tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers. 
Also, sometimes people just have geese as pets I guess??? 

Life is good. Being a missionary is great. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and the opportunity I have to tell others about it! Hope you all have a great week and remember that: 

"Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation." Doctrine and Covenants 58:3.

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment