Wednesday, June 10, 2015

For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land‏ May 28, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry the email is coming a little late this week. Due to Holidays, Temple Trips and Storms, our preparation day has been delayed. But all is well! We had a week of miracles!!!

I want to start this email out with a little family history. My Grandma's name is Gwen. She is one of my angels.
She is amazing! She is one of the kindest and classiest ladies you'll ever meet. When my mom was little, she fell into a pool and almost drowned. Because of that, Gwen helped develop the red-cross infant swimming program. She started the tradition in our family of teaching children of all ages and abilities how to swim. 

While helping Jolette, I often prayed that my Grandmother would be with me and help me. And I often felt that she did. 

The 23rd of May was my Grandmothers birthday. And do you want to know what she was doing this year on her birthday? Helping a little girl named Jolette, be baptized.
One of the privileges of missionary work, is working so closely with angels. In Alma 13:34 it says:

For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.

Never has the veil between this world and the next been so thin as it has been during my mission. 

This week we also had the opportunity to go to the temple. I got to see my old companion Hermana Christensen
I love the temple and the angels we feel there too. Especially when we help those who are members of our own families! 

To sum things up: Galveston is amazing. I love being a missionary. Hermana Riding is awesome. And please pray for our investigator Joel (AKA Gerald)
I believe in Christ. I know that He suffered and died for us. I know that He gave His power and authority to Apostles who later gave it to Joseph Smith. Through this power, we can have the gift of the Holy Ghost. And "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost." (2 Nephi 32:3). 

I am grateful to all the angels and all of you who help me. I hope that the rest of your week is filled with opportunities to love and serve and share the joy that is found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

-Hermana Ries


No comments:

Post a Comment