Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet April 6, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Um wow. Conference was so good!!!! I especially loved the talks in Spanish! Do they have someone in English speaking over them or like subtitles or something? I'm not really sure. But our investigator Arles LOVED hearing messages in his native language! I'm hoping in the following conferences that we can hear some other languages as well.

I loved that President Thomas S. Monson, our dear prophet, focused on the importance of temples and making and keeping covenants.

The week we had the opportunity to go to the temple with Ramon for the first time! Hermana Christensen and I had both found some family members to be baptized for. The morning of, we got ready and headed over to the church to print out some family names of Ramon. Hermana Christensen shared with me that she had had a dream the night before where someone named "mother Teresa" had called her and said she would like to be baptized. And in the dream we drove up to a mountain where we were going to teach Teresa. 

Hermana Christensen shared with me she thought it might be one of our family names. But we both looked through our names and found nothing. So we went to the church to print out Ramon's names. He had told us he had an aunt who had passed away that he would also like to help baptize. We called him and asked her information to enter it into the computer. We asked what her names was:

Teresa.

We later asked Ramon where Teresa grew up and he said, by a mountain.

At the temple Ramon had the privilege of being baptized for his father, I for his mother and Hermana Christensen for his aunt who had called her in a dream.

It was a really special experience and I also felt very close to some of my ancestor, but will probably not include the details of my experience with that, in this email. 

I love the temple. I know it is the house of the Lord and worth any sacrifice to get there. I love what it says in Doctrine and Covenants 109:13

"And that all people who shall enter upon the threshold of the Lord’s house may feel thy power, and feel constrained to acknowledge that thou hast sanctified it, and that it is thy house, a place of thy holiness."

I love being a missionary. I love having a prophet and being led and guided by him and 12 apostles. I hope we all get a chance to read and reread their counsel! 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment