Monday, December 28, 2015

always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

Alma 7:23

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy Thanksgiving week! Being grateful is kind of a big deal and a really good way to be happy. Alma 7:23 says: 

And now would that ye should be humbleand be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things;being diligent in 
keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in needboth spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye dreceive.

Here are some things I am grateful for this week: 


Families: This is one of my favorite families to visit here in Sugar Land. They love each other so much! And they love us too. Families are where the gospel really takes place in it's prime. Teaching families has been one of my favorite things on the mission. 



Companions: This week Hermana Call went home. It has been such a blessing learning from each of my companions. I think that is one of the "hard" parts of the mission but also one of the best. You find out your weaknesses and you learn to love each other and work together. 


Service: Sometimes walking someone's dog is an act of service. But also sometimes you do it because you want to walk a dog haha. Service makes us happy. 

I'm grateful for the Savior. I'm grateful for His loves and infinite patience for me. I am no where near perfect. The longer I serve, the more weaknesses seem to pop up haha. But as we humble ourselves and come unto the Savior, He heals us and helps us overcome weakness. 

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I am grateful to all of you!

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment