Monday, December 28, 2015

let your light so shine

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been such a sweet week of tender mercies. I am filled with gratitude! Heavenly Father is so aware of us. As many of you know, we had transfers this week. 

Anyone remember Hermana Christensen?? She and I were companions about 6 months ago and some of the best friends ever. Guess what. She is my companion again! I have been praying since we got split up that she could be my last companion and look! Heavenly Father answers prayers.

Last Sunday the church released a beautiful video about the Savior and how important it is to remember Him and especially His birth this time of year.


As we visited one of the less active members in our area, he shared an experience. He was working in the mall selling stuff at a kiosk and there was a light that kept flickering on and off.

He and his Father have different beliefs and had been talking about God all day. As the light flickered off and stayed off, he thought "the only one who can really turn that light on, is God." Just as he thought that, the light came back on.

That reminds me of the Christmas Devotional on Sunday when it talked about how Christ is the LIGHT in our lives. All good things come from Him and all our joy comes from Him as well. I love the scripture in Matthew 5:16 which says:

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Our light comes from Christ. But as we live like Him, we too seem to have a light about us.

Before my mission, I used to tell people the reason I wanted to serve a mission was to help people who thought there was no hope, find it again. I wanted to bring them light. I didn't realize it at the time, but what I wanted was to help people invite Christ into their lives.

This Christmas, that's all I want to do. I want to invite Him into my life more than ever before! I hope we can all do that. And that we can help others as well come unto Christ.

I know He lives. He is my best friend. I love being a missionary.

-Hermana Ries

p.s. sorry for the lack of pictures. We had to go to the library and I forgot my camera cord so all I have are these pictures from Hermana Riding today.


happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment