Monday, December 28, 2015

And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious

Dear Family and Friends! 

I love being a missionary! It is the best!

I wrote part of my group email and then deleted it on accident, so this will be a short one ha. 

This week my ponderizing scripture was Doctrine and Covenants 78:19 which says:

And he who receiveth all thingwith thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things othis earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred foldyea, more.

I love this. So this week I am going to write about some things I am grateful for: 

Our new trio! Hermana Gonzalez and I got a new companion this week! Her name is Hermana Call. She is from provo, UT and has been out 14 months. She loves to sing and skate and joke.


I also got to see some of my old companions at transfer meeting!
(Hermana Riding, Me, Mission President's wife and Hermana Callister) I am so grateful for every companion I have had! Each of them has taught me. It truly is a privilege to serve with these Sisters. 


I'm also grateful for the humor in missionary work. Sometimes, funny things happen to you. And sometimes something funny just comes up, and I think it is Heavenly Father's way of looking out for us:) 


I am also grateful for the miracles. On Saturday it was pouring rain, but we had a lot of faith and had been praying hard that those who were prepared to accept the gospel would find us. So we felt inspired to go to a little taqueria (taco bus). As we walked us and the rain poured down, a man approached us and asked "ustedes son los que hablan de la palabra de Dios?" (Are you the people who talk about the word of God?) He went on to tell us he wanted to change his life, and was looking for help. We told him that is exactly what we do. We asked for his address but he said he didn't know his exact address. He told us to go down the street, take a right, then a left and he lived in a yellow trailer. I didn't have a ton of faith we would find it but later that night Hermana Gonzalez had a feeling we should go look for the house. It was about 7:30, pouring rain and totally dark. I thought she was a little bit crazy. But we went. We drove down what we thought was the street and could hardly see anything. We decided to pray. We asked in faith and as the prayer came to a close we all looked up and said it was the trailer at the end of the street. We knocked on the door and no one answered. Determined, we knocked on a neighbors door. We asked if he knew Tiborcio. He said yes and walked away for a moment. Then Tiborcio (the guy we were looking for) came to the door! He was visiting his neighbor and indeed DID live in the trailer we had felt prompted to visit. 

God is a God of miracles. He does not forget us and we should be thankful to Him. When we give thanks, He showers blessings upon us. I hope we can "count our many blessings [and] see what God has done" for each of us this week.


-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment