Thursday, December 24, 2015

Remember, remember

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a good, warm week in Galveston! Apparently the coldest we'll be getting until fall is mid-90's... Maybe I should have prayed for a colder mission. Just kidding haha.

I love the phrase in the scriptures : remember, remember.

It is a phrase that is found all throughout all the Holy Scriptures. And sometimes I wonder why. We know that Lot's wife, by longing to go back was turned to a pillar of salt. But I think it's pretty interesting that we are actually counseled to remember. 

We should remember our ancestors, and help them. This week Michael, our recent convert, remembered his heritage and we made a Korean dinner! 


We can remember our history. 
This week we went to a historical site called "Bishop's Palace." With a family we are teaching! 


But what I think is super important (at least it has been for me as a missionary) is remembering " how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam" (Moroni 10:3)

And more specifically, how merciful God has been to me in my life. 

The other day I was telling one of our investigators how grateful I was for the Savior and how He has saved me.He replied "But Hermana Ries, what sins could you possibly have?" I just told him that I've made a lot of mistakes, but I don't talk about them, because they are erased now, thank to the mercy and Atonement of Jesus Christ. 


As we remember the Savior, life is more hopeful and happy. We can look back and remember who we were and how God has changed us. 

Remember Him. Remember He loves you,

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment