Monday, December 28, 2015

And thus they were instruments in the hands of God

Mosiah 27:36

Dear Family and Friends,

We got transfer calls this morning and.......I'm staying HERE! And Hermana Gonzalez and I are going to be a in trio again:) I am super happy. 

It has been a week of learning and growing! I started feeling a little sick on Thursday, but I thought it might be kind of a food coma since we ate so much, but the next day I felt worse, and worse, so on Saturday the mission nurse asked us to go a clinic and have me tested for flu. And I have the flu. And I was banned from leaving the apartment until I am not contagious:( It has been some of the longest days of my whole mission! But I think by this evening I should be good again. 

But anyway, I learned a lot while I was laying there being sad that I couldn't go out and teach the gospel.

1. I am so grateful to be a missionary. These have been the best months of my life so far! I love teaching people all day, everyday that the gospel has been restored! I love giving service! I love working hard. I love studying the words of Christ. I love getting 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to focus on the Savior. This is the best calling in the world.

2. This is NOT my work. It is God's work. A little story to illustrate this: On Friday night, we felt inspired to go see an hermana in our ward who is going on a mission in January. It was kind of random since we have never visited her and she is super active and she doesn't even live in our area. But we decided to go since we felt like we were supposed to. Long story short, we got totally lost, even with a GPS and spent AN HOUR looking for her house. I don't think I have ever been that lost on my mission. But we finally got to her house and had a good lesson. 

But on Sunday she sent us a text asking to meet with us, that she needed someone to talk to. She is the first one in her family to join the church and her parents are not super excited about her serving a mission. It was so cool to see how God was looking after one of His daughters. And it was SO COOL to be reminded that being a missionary doesn't just mean finding and baptizing people. It is inviting ALL to come unto Christ. 

3. The temple is the place to be. I got to go to the temple twice this week. Once for our normal quarterly trip and the other for my departing trip. I know that the temple is what brings families together forever. I love being in the temple and feeling close to my family; those here on earth and those who have passed on. 

Inline image 1

"And thus they were instrumentin the hands of God in
bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the
knowledge of their Redeemer."

I hope and pray that I can always be worthy and willing to be an instrument in God's hands. He has changed me more than I thought possible. I am so grateful to our Savior for being patient with, and still working with me. I hope we can all be instruments in His hands this week. 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment