Monday, December 28, 2015

whosoever has heard the words of the prophets...are the heirs of the kingdom of God.

Mosiah 15:11

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a fun week! I am so grateful for the Lord for allowing me to be a missionary! It has been a week of learning for sure. This week Hermana Gonzalez and I made about 100 tamales for fiestas patrias!!!!! 




Fiestas Patrias is pretty much one of the most fun things on the planet. It is a celebration of all the countries days of liberation. We had food and dancing from Mexico, Hawaii, United States, Columbia, Argentina, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and more! It was a great opportunity for members to invite their friends, and of course the missionaries all had a ton of fun as well. 

But I am VERY excited for this weekend and all that I'm going to learn because this Saturday and Sunday is GENERAL CONFERENCE! General Conference is the opportunity we have every 6 months to listen to prophets and apostles called by God to help lead and guide us. There is a scripture is Mosiah which says: 

Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.

Um okay WOW! That is a pretty good promise. And it is true. I know that as I have listened to the Prophet, prayed and then followed his councils, I have been blessed. One of the blessings of conference is that we can come with questions and receive answers. Everyone who reads this email, please come to conference with a question and a prayer in your heart, and through the Spirit you can receive and answer from our Heavenly Father. 

I know that Thomas S Monson is the Prophet on the earth today! I am so excited to hear from Him and listen to the Spirit to know the things I can do to put my life more in line with the will of God.

-Hermana Ries

p.s. watch conference here!!!  https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment