Thursday, December 24, 2015

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Dear Family and Friends,

These are a few of my favorite things:


Sushi. 


And sunsets. 


and shades/sunglasses.....

These are a few of my favorite thingssssss. 

Okay sorry, that song is super catchy. 

This week really has been a good week, and Heavenly Father has been teaching me a lot about how he gives us even the small desire of our hearts. Pslams 37: 3-7 says:

 Trust in the Lordand do good; so shalt thou dwell in thland, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 Delight thyself also in the Lordand he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 Commit thy way unto the Lordtrust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,and thy judgment as the noonday.
 Rest in the Lordand wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,because of thman who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
I recently have been trying to "delight" in the mission. And as I've been striving to be obedient and sacrifice, the Lord has given me even small desires of my heart. 

One example:

The other day we were out and about as usual and stopped to talk with some people at a park. It turns out they were homeless and so my companion and I offered them some food we had with us. The sweet lady graciously said " I won't ever say no to food or clothes." So we also gave her a cardigan we had with us. 

This was a very small sacrifice, but we delighted in the opportunity to serve another because we are all beggars and "depend on the same God." (Mosiah 4:19)  

But, Heavenly Father, knowing we had made a sacrifice blessed us... The next day at church, a member came up to us and told us she had something to give us... She handed us two large bags of women's clothing and told us to use what we wanted and could give the rest away. It reminds me of Mosiah 2:21 which says:

  • "I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants." 
  • God constantly blesses us in a way, that we will never be "even." so to speak. All we have, all we are, belongs to Him. And He loves us and continues to bless us even when we don't  deserve it. 
This week we also had the incredible opportunity to attend the temple with Arles for the first time.  This is the true desire of my heart. I plan on helping people make it home to Heavenly Father, and baptism is only one step. The Celestial kingdom and the temple in preparation are the real goals. 



God loves us. He knows all the desires of our hearts. He blesses us. I hope we can all delight in Him and recognize the blessings He showers upon us.


-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment