Monday, December 28, 2015

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Moroni 10:5

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been such a good week! I love this little island. Tomorrow I am getting transferred though. BUT I feel good about it! I am grateful to labor in the Lord's vineyard no matter what part it is in.  I got to say goodbye to some people yesterday:


Yeni, Jolette and the tortugas! The littlest one is named Hermana Ries after me:) 



The Arredondos. Hermana was baptized just before I got to Galveston so I have worked with the family a lot. I love them dearly. They are preparing to be sealed. ​

This week I want to write about Hermano Jose. A few months back, on a Sunday afternoon my companion and I were looking to teach new people. We had worked hard that week with little luck in finding new investigators. It was Sunday at about 8:30 when we felt we should go teach Arles, in a park. Where we arrived we found a group of hispanic men about to play soccer. We invited all of them to listen into the first discussion. It was super cool. 

From that group, few were interested in what we had to saw. But Hermano Jose met with us about a week later to say that although he had many doubts, he was compelled to learn more. 

Most of the people I have taught, have been baptized in about a month, so you can imagine I was a little discouraged when Jose wasn't progressing or coming to church after a couple months of teaching him. 

But we kept visiting him, and being patient because we could tell he really did want to know for himself if these things were true. 

About a week ago, we talked about how the Spirit often guides us just by feelings of peace. We told him to ask God sincerely if The Book of Mormon is true, and then wait on his knees until he felt something. Anything. 

The next day we came by and asked him how it was. He smiled and said he felt really good. He was ready to be baptized on Saturday. He had his interview and just yesterday he was confirmed a member of the church!!!! He gave a beautiful testimony that the "hermanas" had taught him that true answers come from God. And that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and it is through him that we return to our Father in Heaven. 

I know God loves us. He has been so kind and patient with me. Especially as a very imperfect missionary. I add my testimony to that of Jose's that God answers prayers. He will answer yours. 

If you have questions, or doubts, or concerns, our Father in Heaven is just waiting to hear from you. I know we are His children. 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment