Monday, December 28, 2015

by faith all things are fulfilled

Ether 12:3

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a good week! I love being a missionary. I cannot believe it is already November! This week I learned a lot. In Ether 12:3 it reads:

For he did cry from the morningeven until the going down    
othe sun, exhorting the peoplto believe in God unto 
repentance lest they should be destroyedsaying unto them that 
by faith all things are fulfilled

I feel like this is pretty much the life of a full-time missionary. From 6:00-10:29 our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by receiving the restored gospel, through first, FAITH in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. 

This week, Luis (the guy we've been teaching) bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting and said that to find happiness, he used to look for it everyday through entertainment and money. He said that as he began to grow his faith in Christ, he began waking up happy. I hadn't really ever thought of it that way.


(Luis, Willie, Hermana Gonzalez, me, Hermana Call)

As we have faith in Christ, we are happier, because we live better with the hopeful assurance that He will bless us, and He looks after us, and He will make all right. 

This weekend, I also participated in a trunk or treat. It was so much fun to see all these sweet kids! It reminded me of Mosiah 3:19 which says:

 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.



We handed out candy and pass along card with Jesus Christ. It was so interesting watching the kids as one ran up and said "Hey! My brother needs one of those (pointing to the pass along card)." 

I'm still working on my faith. Sometimes I feel like I am in a battle with myself over doubting verses having faith. 


But I know as we do the little things (read our scriptures, say our prayers, look for miracles, etc) the Lord will help us grow our faith. 

I am grateful for a loving and patient Savior who helps us grow our faith. He knows how we feel and desires to help us. This is His work. He wants us to all return to our heavenly home someday. I hope and pray that I can grow my faith this week and become at least a little bit more like our Savior.

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment