Thursday, December 24, 2015

for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay

Dear Family and Friends,

Today we got transfer calls, and I am staying in Galveston! And training again! I was about 30000% sure I was leaving but the Lord has other plans. 

I don't have a ton to say this week. On Sunday I read this scripture and it really got me thinking: Moroni 9:6

And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligentlyfor if wshould cease to laborwe                                                  should be brought under condemnation; for we have labor to 
perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay,that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

I started asking myself: Is it more important to work hard or be an obedient missionary? Obviously both are ideal but if I had to choose one, what would I choose? 

Then as I read this scripture, I though about WHY. What is my motivation? Why do I get up on time? Why do I work hard? Why do I talk to everyone? Why do I try to give my will up?  

I love Heavenly Father. I want to be with Him again someday. One of my favorite talks from conference was by President Utchdorf called "On being Genuine." It talks about examining the desires of our hearts, and why we really do what we do. 

You should all try to read it this week: 



I love Heavenly Father. I love His plan for us. I love my brothers and sisters all around the world and hope to bring some light into their lives as they bring light into mine. 

-Hermana Ries

p.s. Joel got the Priesthood yesterday! We are working with some awesome people right now! Please pray for Arcenio, Jose, and Braysia!!!


Yeni doing my hair while Jolette plays on the phone.

 

Our sunglasses are cool.


I'm glad I get to stay on the island for at least a little longer. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment