Thursday, December 24, 2015

Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.

Enos 1:15

Dear Family and Friends, 

First off, I would like to say happy fathers day to my Dad, because he is a really really amazing father, and happy birthday to my mom because she is a really really amazing mother. 



Thank you for raising me Mom and Dad:) 

This week, I want to talk a little bit about the power of prayer. 

I think prayer is something I take for granted too often. 

God, the creator of all, our Heavenly Father, totally powerful and omnipotent, wants to listen to all of us, whenever, and wherever we will talk to Him. It does not matter how pure we are, or if we merit even a second of His time. He wants to hear from us. Doesn't that seem incredible to anyone else? He who already knows all wants to hear how we feel, and what we think. 


If communicating with Heavenly Father isn't enough of a motivation, we also have countless blessing from prayer such as protection from evil and temptation, peace, comfort and Enos 1:15 says that "Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it." 
Displaying IMG_2909[1].jpg
Displaying IMG_2909[1].jpg


Um wow. 

I believe that Heavenly Father generally is willing to give us any good gift if we ask in faith. If He doesn't give it to us, it's probably because He has something A LOT better in mind for us. 

This week, we had the opportunity to be the answer to someone else's prayer. There is a sweet woman here in Galveston that just got baptized a couple weeks ago. We had to run to the store on Saturday afternoon, to buy some popcorn for the ward movie night, and saw her. We pulled over quickly to say hi. Without thinking, the first thing we said when we saw her was "Hi Katherine! What can we do to help?"  

Her eyes filled with tears and said "Oh Sisters, you were sent from the Lord! I have been trying to get this air conditioner out of the cart, but I can't lift it! I was praying that someone would come help me, and then I heard you call my name." 

For her, in that moment, prayer became very real. 

This week in your prayers will you please remember Michael as he is preparing to be baptized? 


He is super cool. 

Anyway, life is good. I love the island still. I could probably stay here forever, which means I'll probably get transferred in 5 weeks haha. 

I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord. God really is a loving Father, the most perfect Father. He has a plan for all of us, and loves to hear our silent pleas. 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment