Monday, December 28, 2015

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

Dear Family and Friends,

As many of you know, this will be my last email as a full time missionary! I feel really sad about that. But this week I had some really cool thoughts that I wanted to share with you that made me feel better about this little transition. 

I think much of the sadness of going home comes from fear that we won't get to do what we did as missionaries: serve alongside Jesus Christ and angels in God's work and glory. I thought at one point this week: "I'll have to take off my nametag and I'll never be Hermana Ries again." 

And then a very comforting thought came. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if we have on a nametag or if we are called Elder or Sister. Real missionary work is all in the heart.  

3 Nephi 5:13 says:

Behold, am disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 
have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that themight  have everlasting life.




The last year and a half, I have gotten to meet some of my very best friends! Some of them are missionaries, some of them are members where I have served, some of them are not members, some are converts. And the reason I love them all is because they have helped me become a disciple of Jesus Christ. 

Being a disciple does not mean that I am anywhere near perfect. It just means that I love, serve and follow Him! He is my best friend. And I am so grateful for how much better I have gotten to know Him over the last 18 months. 

I know that God lives! He loves us so He sent His son Jesus Christ. The gospel is the way to follow Him. Through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Holy Ghost, and keeping our covenants, we can return to our Father in Heaven someday. 

I love this gospel. I love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. And I love all of you! 

see you soon. 

-Hermana Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment